Trusted Provider of Leadership Services to Canadian Chairs, Boards and Senior Management
During the COVID-19 Crisis
We are providing virtual governance services for sessions with your board, board committees, senior management team and more, using your video conferencing platform or our zoom.us account.
Are you a not-for-profit leader with an urgent governance question? Please use email@example.com to schedule a call, with no charge or obligation. If you are leading a not-for-profit at this time, you have enough concerns to deal with without having to think about a budget for a governance consultation. Let me help.
The Latest News!
Jane is enrolled in the Interim Executives Academy, Third Sector Company, and will shortly be certified as an Interim Executive (no such certification was available before my Interim CEO and Executive Director roles)! She will focus on coaching and mentoring Interim and new Executive Directors for success in their new roles.
My podcast interview on why not-for-profit boards might consider an Interim Executive came out June 11, 2020! https://bit.ly/INL2067JaneGarthson
If you listen, please consider adding a rating or review. The podcast series is wonderful; I’m so honoured to have been included.
Our Role and Focus
We help chairs, boards and senior managers lead effectively, confidently and with integrity. With our services, you have the enhanced leadership you need to create better futures for your communities and organizations. We serve clients who operate for public or community benefit: associations, charities, governments and social enterprises, as well businesses seeking to enhance their corporate social responsibility and ethics.
In addition to the Interim Executive coaching noted above, we offer a full range of governance services for not-for-profits and crown agencies. We have proven success in governance reviews, start-up governance, governance training, board orientations, board policy development, board and CEO assessments, board and CEO succession planning and board interventions. We have contributed to the Reimagining Governance initiative of the Ontario Nonprofit Network, and to two international initiatives aimed at reinventing governance. There is no one right model in a sector that is so innovative and creative.
We ask and help you answer:
- Questions that help people and organizations reach their highest potential;
- Questions that inspire and engage;
- Questions that generate creativity, curiosity, innovation;
- Questions that draw out and build on the wisdom and knowledge of your people;
- Questions that motivate your people to find resources and means to achieve the very best results; and
- Questions that will drive positive change for your community and organization.
Our questions meet you where you are and help take you towards your ideal future. We organize and build on your responses, adding our knowledge, experience and recommendations. You will have the strategic information and wise advice you need to set new directions, implement better practices, and lead well and ethically into the future you desire.
Our recent articles include:
- You Just Hired an Interim Executive Director – Now What and You are Now the Interim Executive – Now What? for CharityChannel Press;
- Balancing Diverse Perspectives with Board Size for Imagine Canada;
- Lots of Wrong Ways, No One Right Way (see Blog article Ditch the Phrase “Best Practices“) and The Case for Board Succession Planning for the Canadian Society of Association Executives.
Most recent articles quoting Jane: Learning to Let Go: Understanding Founder’s Syndrome; Overcoming Founder’s Syndrome: Practical tips for founders, boards of directors and employees; Moving toward Decent Work: How changing employment standards are impacting the nonprofit sector; Dealing with difficult executive directors: Tips for nonprofit boards and Dealing with difficult boards: Tips for executive directors, all at Charity Village.
Recent blog articles: