Since 1992, Jane Garthson has dedicated work and volunteering to creating better futures for our communities and organizations through values-based leadership. She is a respected international voice on governance, strategic thinking and ethics. Jane is:
- Director, Oak Ridges Moraine Land Trust
- Founder and Past Chair, Ethics Practitioners Association of Canada
- Past Executive Director, Ontario Equestrian Federation
- Contributing author for CharityChannel books, writing on board decision-makingm strategic planning, governance reviews and strategic boards for all-volunteer organizations
- Author of monthly ethics column for Charity Village 2003 – 2013
- Past President of an all-volunteer annual music festival
- Past Governance and Audit Chair of a national arts awards association
Jane is active in organizations such as Creating the Future, the Canadian Society of Association Executives, ShapeMyCity and the Centre for Social Innovation. From 2004-2008, she was a Commissioner of the Ontario Racing Commission, working as a regulator and tribunal member to enhance integrity and fairness in Ontario’s horse racing industry.
Her clients include professional and industry associations; community groups; social services, heritage, health, arts, legal, environment,and international development organizations; crown corporations and a foreign government. Their geographic scope ranges from national to local, and their size from hundreds of staff to none at all.
Jane provides conference sessions and workshops for many organizations including Directors’ College (McMaster/Conference Board), Social Economy Centre (University of Toronto), Wild Rose Foundation (Alberta), Canadian Council for International Cooperation, Canadian Fundraising and Philanthropy, Saskatchewan Association of Health Organizations, Niagara College, Association of Family Resource Programs, Ontario Land Trust Alliance and Ontario Community Support Association.
Back to Who We Are