Since 1992, Jane Garthson has dedicated work and volunteering to creating better futures for our communities and organizations through values-based leadership and leadership services. She is a respected international voice on governance, Interim Executives and succession planning for boards and CEOs.
Jane is a recent graduate of the Interim Executives Academy and is now focussed on advising new Interim Executives, as well as continuing to advise Chairs and CEOs/Executive Directors.
Her roles include:
- Secretary & Chair of Governance, Oak Ridges Moraine Land Trust;
- 2019 Interim CEO, CatalystsX Network Community;
- 2017 Interim Executive Director, Toronto Cat Rescue;
- Founder and Past Chair, Ethics Practitioners Association of Canada;
- Past Interim Executive Director, Ontario Equestrian Federation;
- Contributing author for CharityChannel books and newsletters, writing on interim executives, board decision-making, strategic planning, governance reviews and strategic boards for all-volunteer organizations;
- Author of monthly Governance and Ethics column for Charity Village 2003 – 2013 and frequent interviewee for Charity Village articles;
- Past President and Co-Chair of an all-volunteer annual international music festival;
- Past Treasurer and Awards Chair of a national charity;
- Past Treasurer of a regional professional association; and
- Past Governance and Audit Chair of a national arts awards association.
From 2004-2008, she was a Commissioner of the Ontario Racing Commission, working as a regulator and tribunal member to enhance integrity and fairness in Ontario’s horse racing industry.
Past clients include professional and industry associations; community groups; social services, heritage, health, arts, legal, environment,and international development organizations; crown corporations and a foreign government. Their geographic scope ranged from national to local, and their size from hundreds of staff to none at all.
Jane has provided conference sessions and workshops for many organizations including Directors’ College (McMaster/Conference Board), Social Economy Centre (University of Toronto), Wild Rose Foundation (Alberta), Canadian Council for International Cooperation, Canadian Fundraising and Philanthropy, Saskatchewan Association of Health Organizations, Niagara College, Association of Family Resource Programs, Ontario Land Trust Alliance and Ontario Community Support Association.
Back to Who We Are