Since 1992, Jane Garthson has dedicated work and volunteering to creating better futures for our communities and organizations through values-based leadership. She is a respected international voice on governance, strategic thinking and ethics. Jane is:
- Secretary & Chair of Governance, Oak Ridges Moraine Land Trust;
- 2019 Interim CEO, CatalystsX Network Community;
- 2017 Interim Executive Director, Toronto Cat Rescue;
- Founder and Past Chair, Ethics Practitioners Association of Canada;
- Past Interim Executive Director, Ontario Equestrian Federation;
- Contributing author for CharityChannel books, writing on board decision-making, strategic planning, governance reviews and strategic boards for all-volunteer organizations;
- Author of monthly ethics column for Charity Village 2003 – 2013 and frequent interviewee for Charity Village articles;
- Past President and Co-Chair of an all-volunteer annual international music festival;
- Past Treasurer of a regional professional association; and
- Past Governance and Audit Chair of a national arts awards association.
Jane is active in organizations such as the Canadian Society of Association Executives and the Centre for Social Innovation. From 2004-2008, she was a Commissioner of the Ontario Racing Commission, working as a regulator and tribunal member to enhance integrity and fairness in Ontario’s horse racing industry.
Her clients include professional and industry associations; community groups; social services, heritage, health, arts, legal, environment,and international development organizations; crown corporations and a foreign government. Their geographic scope ranges from national to local, and their size from hundreds of staff to none at all.
Jane provides conference sessions and workshops for many organizations including Directors’ College (McMaster/Conference Board), Social Economy Centre (University of Toronto), Wild Rose Foundation (Alberta), Canadian Council for International Cooperation, Canadian Fundraising and Philanthropy, Saskatchewan Association of Health Organizations, Niagara College, Association of Family Resource Programs, Ontario Land Trust Alliance and Ontario Community Support Association.
Back to Who We Are