Our recent articles include:
- You Just Hired an Interim Executive Director – Now What and You are Now the Interim Executive – Now What? for CharityChannel Press;
- Balancing Diverse Perspectives with Board Size for Imagine Canada;
- Lots of Wrong Ways, No One Right Way (see Blog article “Ditch the Phrase “Best Practices“) and The Case for Board Succession Planning for the Canadian Society of Association Executives.
Most recent articles quoting Jane: Learning to Let Go: Understanding Founder’s Syndrome; Overcoming Founder’s Syndrome: Practical tips for founders, boards of directors and employees; Moving toward Decent Work: How changing employment standards are impacting the nonprofit sector; Dealing with difficult executive directors: Tips for nonprofit boards and Dealing with difficult boards: Tips for executive directors, all at Charity Village.
Recent blog articles:
- Does Sustainability Mean Forever?
- Are you considering an Interim Executive Opportunity?
- What’s Your Organization’s Ecosystem?
Using and Reprinting
You are welcome to link to any of the resources on this site or the blog site. You are welcome to use the resources for your not-for-profit organization or consulting practice, with attribution to Jane Garthson, and to the original publisher if applicable. I am moving towards retirement and have no interest in being proprietary or restrictive. I prefer that any wisdom I have gained from my experiences, learnings and failures be available to help others.
If you wish to reprint an article, please do me the courtesy of letting me know, and sending me a copy of the publication it was reprinted in. Please read my Values list first, and avoid reprinting in a publication with a conflicting purpose.
You can find more resources, mostly older, in the following links.