Need to ensure the organization keeps moving forward during the leave or permanent recruitment?
Then relax – you’ve found someone with a record of successful Interim Executive roles to make that happen!
We provide proven, experienced, hit-the-ground running, hands-on, interim leadership, full or part time, during hiring, maternity leaves, sabbaticals and start-ups.
What happens when your organization hires Jane Garthson as Interim CEO or Executive Director?
- Your organization continues to serve its mission, make progress on strategic priorities and engage its community;
- The Board receives great strategic advice on decisions and issues;The work of Board and staff members is not disrupted by the need to fill in for the Executive Director’s duties;
- Excellent candidates apply for the permanent role, if applicable, because they see a wisely led organization and no pre-chosen individual (i.e., no one is acting in the role);
- The Board has the time to conduct a great recruitment process, and not feel rushed because work is piling up; and
- The Board and Jane work to create a smooth transition and a positive environment of success for the new or returning permanent executive.
What does Jane Garthson bring to the role?
- A fast learner with exceptional ability to ask the right questions and absorb information about your culture and situation, so she can quickly be effective in a short term role;
- A systems thinker who will see the patterns and will facilitate catalytic conversations to generate innovative ways to achieve the vision;
- A leader with successful experience in managing the operations of nonprofit and government organizations;
- A person fully comfortable with diversity, people from all generations and today’s information technology and fast communication;
- A person with high level expertise in governance, planning, finance and more, to support high quality board decision-making and lead effectively;
- A person of great integrity, who you can trust and who will build great relationships with your staff team, volunteers, members, alliances, partners, regulators and major funders;
- An individual who has the core competencies you need to run the organization consistent with policies and plans approved by the Board;
- A strong communicator who, in partnership with the chair, will explain organizational decisions and ensure appropriate transparency and accountability; and
- A person with great respect for your cause, the people you seek to benefit and the efforts of volunteers and staff in service to the cause.
For tips on executive transition, check out the blog post Six Issues in Executive Transition Part 1, then read Part 2 as well.